Sitecore 9 update 1 was just released. So it’s quite fresh from the oven.
I’ve just tried the installation on a web machine that uses SQL Server installed on a different server and made some discoveries related with prerequisites needed for the installation.
So beside the standard prerequisites mentioned in the installation documentation (must log into https://dev.sitecore.net/ before downloading) there are couple requirements that have to be installed on your webserver:
- Microsoft SQL Server TransactSQLScriptDom – install both SqlDom.msi for x64 and x86 – install this before DacFx
- Microsoft Shared Management Objects for SQL Server 2016 – install both SharedManagementObjects.msi for x64 and x86
- Microsoft® SQL Server® 2016 Feature Pack –
- Microsoft ODBC Drivers for Microsoft SQL Server – install both msodbcsql.msi for x64 and x86
- Microsoft Command Line Utilities 13 for SQL Server – install both MsSqlCmdLnUtils.msi for x64 and x86
- SQL Server PowerShell Module – by opening PowerShell as administrator and run this command:
Install-Module -Name SqlServer -AllowClobber
- Extra (so I find it later, even that is in the official documentation): Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable – was introduced in this Sitecore 9 update 1 as its needed by ChilkatDotNet46.dll. Download from here.
I guess that’s all.
Happy installing and let me know if you need any assistance.